In between some books I have tucked a piece of paper with a list of books scribbled on it.
It represents what I consider one of the best questions I ever asked.
It was not the question that was so great in fact but the answer. In case I ever lose that note, here it is:
- Against the Gods - the Remarkable Story of Risk. Peter Bernstein
- The Power of Gold - the History of Obsession. Peter Bernstein
- Thinking Fast and Slow. Daniel Kahneman.
- Nudge. Cass / Sunstein
- Chaos. James Gleick
- Systems thinking and Modelling for a Complex World. John Sterman. this is a basically a textbook which I only read the first few chapters of
- Speed of Trust. Stephen Covey
- Valuation. Stephen Koller. “The chapter on Real Options” after reading through this McKinsey textbook I think the reference was to Part III - Applying Valuation, chapter 15, Using Option Pricing Methods to Value Flexibility
- The Nature of Technology. W Brian Arthur
- Does IT Matter. Nicholas Carr
- Sakharov. Richard Lourie
- A Long Walk to Freedom. Nelson Mandela
- War and Peace. Tolstoy I’m still not sure if this one was thrown in there as a joke!
In 2017, over five years later, only the last three to go.